As a member of the fastest growing service organizations in North America, Oswegoland Optimist Club members are among 127,900 men and women who have chosen to participate in Optimist activities. Optimist members learn the Optimist Creed and practice it as a part of their daily lives. Active club participation rewards individual members in many ways.
- An Optimist education as you sample a variety of informative and entertaining speakers through dinner meetings.
- Self-improvement as you take on the challenges of chairing projects and accept the invitation to lead your club in its ultimate objective to grow in numbers and in service.
- An opportunity to return to your community, through your service agenda, the many blessings you received from it.
- Develop Optimism as a philosophy of life – just one of the important purposes of Optimist International. Through the years you will find it can change your attitude about life.
- Fun and fellowship is the bond of a good active service club. Enjoy your club, and your friends will multiply in numbers.
The Optimist Club of Oswegoland is a group of men and women who enjoy the fun and fellowship that comes from the great service we do for Oswego. Every year the Optimist slogan. “Friend of Youth”, is practiced by club members to help make Oswego a better place for the families and youth of the community.